Open Hours: Mon - Thur 7:00 am - 5:30 pm & Fri 8:00 am - 1:00 pm

History

Fire Station 31

The City of Sanford Fire Department is one of the oldest fire departments in the State of Florida, consisting of three fire stations providing services to the City of Sanford and surrounding communities since 1873.

Key Historical Dates

  • 1956 – Central Fire Station, Station 31,  was relocated from Palmetto Avenue to 1303 French Avenue
  • 1975 – Fire Station 32 opened at 3770 Orlando Drive
  • 1991 – Fire Station 38 opened at 1300 Central Park Drive
  • 1991 – Started providing advanced life support Services at Station 31 & 32
  • 1997 – Began providing emergency transports on Rescue 31 and Rescue 32
  • 2000 – Fire Prevention moved from Central Fire Station (Station 31) to City Hall
  • 2002 – Fully Staffed Tower 31
  • 2003 – Fire Station 32 was relocated to 300 East Airport Boulevard
  • 2004 – Fire/Dive Rescue Boat was placed in service at the Sanford Marina
  • 2006 – Rescue 38 was added to the fleet at Station 38
  • 2010 – Opened Police & Fire Public Safety Complex on Historic Goldsboro Boulevard