Dr. Velma H. Williams Westside Community Center
Join us for group & senior activities, social public information, fitness and fun!
Westside is also available for rental for your events such as: Community Events, Family Reunions, Sporting Events and Wedding Receptions.
Westside is also the home of the Boys and Girls Club, West Sanford Branch. Activities: Basketball, Fitness Room, Computer Room, Senior Activities
For more information about programs, rentals, or activities please contact:
Frequently Asked Questions
- Reservations may be placed up to 12 months in advance with accepted application.
- All rentals are first come, first served with the exception of annual rentals, which have
fifteen (15) days post event to reserve the facility for the following year. A $100.00
refundable deposit is required for the Westside Community Center.
- Please fill out our rental application
- Reservations may be made in person Monday through Thursday between the hours of
7 AM and 5:30 PM in the Recreation Department located in City Hall.
- Courtesy holds may be accepted and held for a maximum of five (5) days. At that time,
the hold will expire without notice. Courtesy holds expire on the 6th day.
- Your event must end and all of the guests/caters/DJ’s, vendors, etc. must vacate the
premises by the end of your rental period. We do not rent past MIDNIGHT at the Sanford
Westside Community Center.
- Yes, tables and chairs are available for use and are included in the rental fee. All
equipment is for use inside of the building only. Due to the flooring design, no outside
table and chairs may be brought into the facility. The current inventory of tables and
chairs for use are as follows:
Eight foot banquet tables 10
Four foot round tables 40
- Decorations within reason are allowed and must be approved by the supervisor of the
Westside Community Center. You may only decorate the area you have rented. It is
the lessee’s responsibility to remove ALL decorations immediately after your event. The
rental facilities do not have storage facilities for your decorations prior to and / or after
your event. You may NOT use tacks, nails, staples, etc. to attach decorations. Glitter
and other confetti-like decorations are also not permitted
- You may use any caterer of your choosing or do it yourself. The caterers and vendors
that you hire are under the same time frame as the lessee and cannot enter before or
after those hours. Please take this into consideration when determining the hours you
will need. The lessee is responsible for any damage to the building done by the caterer,
vendors or contractors.
- Viewing the building outside of your requested rental hours is by appointment only. To
schedule an appointment please call 407.688.5000 ext. 5189.
- Caterers and vendors need to be scheduled according to the times on the contract.
- The kitchen is set up for warming foods only. No frying, sautéing, or other use of the
stove is permitted.
- If alcohol is served a Florida Liquor License, insurance and additional security must be
obtained. The use of alcohol directly or indirectly requires the hiring of a Sanford OffDuty Police Officer. This must be approved by the City and meet all state required
guidelines. All questions concerning the use of alcohol at your event should be directed
to the State of Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulations (DBPR).
- Yes. The city does have a noise ordinance that goes into effect at 10 PM; therefore the
exterior doors should remain closed at all times. Please respect that our building is in a
residential area and keep noise levels outside of the building to a minimum at all times.
- The Community Center parking can accommodate 100 vehicles. There will be NO
parking on the street. Be aware, other functions may be going on in the building or
area and the amount of spaces available to your party is not guaranteed. Overflow
parking is available for larger groups with advance notification.
- Keys are not provided to clients. Staff will provide access for you and your guests. The
City of Sanford requires that a City employee be on premises any time anyone is in the
building. City staff will only be scheduled to work during the hours of the rental.