Aquatic Center Location:
2703 Ridgewood Ave.
Sanford, FL 32771
Pool Hours :
August – May
Monday – Friday, 5 – 7:30 PM
Saturday, 9 AM – 6 PM
June – July
Monday – Friday, Noon – 5 PM
Saturday, 9 AM – 6 PM
Aquatic Center Fees:
$3 Adults – $1 Children
3 Month Pass
$40 Single – $90 Family
$100 Single – $220 Family
Welcome to the Larry A. Dale Aquatic Center!
Swim Lesson Information
Sessions: Two weeks in length, seven or eight sessions total, Monday through Thursday
Time/Ratio: 30-40 minutes, 8 students per class
Cost: $40 for a two week session
Registration: Begins Tuesday, March 1st for Sanford residents and Monday, March 7th for non-residents.
Swim Lesson General Information
- There will be a maximum of eight children or adults per class.
- Instructors are American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor (WSI) certified.
- Each lesson lasts 30-40 minutes, and lessons are held four times per week (except holidays) daily Mondays through Thursdays.
- Participants cannot take multiple classes at the same level or during the same session period; once a child passes a level, they cannot repeat that level.
- No refunds for inclement weather; if classes are cancelled due to weather, the instructor will try to condense/ combine the missed skills.
- No reserving “blocks” of lessons for friends and family. Each transaction should be a distinct lesson reservation for one child.
- We request that parents do not interfere in the lesson, or to try and communicate with their child, as this can harm the learning process (Levels 1 and 2).
- If the need exists, we will attempt to add additional classes as the summer progresses.
- Please note: You must choose your child’s level carefully; if a child is registered for the incorrect level, based on either an incorrect age or a misrepresentation of the child’s ability to swim, the child will not be permitted to take the class, and a refund will be issued. If you have any questions about your child’s placement, please email email@example.com with any questions you might have.
- These are the standards for each of the three classes we offer:
- Ages 3 or 4 only
- Has never had a formal swimming lesson
- Parent or guardian must be able to be in the water with the child during the lessons.
- Ages 5 to 15
- Never has had formal swimming lessons
- Cannot swim on their own
- Ages 5 to 15
- Has either had some prior swimming lessons OR has passed our Level One class
- Can float on stomach and back unassisted
- Cannot swim more than 5 yards unassisted
- Ages 5 to 17
- Level 3 swimmers will work on gliding, freestyle with side breathing, backstroke, breaststroke, and dolphin kicks, retrieving objects in deeper water, and treading water.
- Prerequisite: Successfully passing Level 2 or ability to swim 25 yards in any fashion without touching the pool bottom.
- For children that can already swim, and may be interested in learning competitive strokes, there’s the Summer Beginner Swim Team (this is not a City run program):
- This is a private (non-City) program run by Seminole Aquatics for children that can already swim but want to learn competitive strokes and get stronger in the water.
- Ages 5-17
- Children must be able to swim 25 yards, in any fashion, without touching the pool bottom
- Children must be able to float on their stomach and back, unassisted
- For more info on the Stingrays, and how to register, please click HERE, or contact us.
Developed as a joint project between the City of Sanford, Seminole County and the Seminole County School Board, the Aquatic Center was opened to the public in March of 2000.
In 2001, the facility was renamed the Larry A. Dale Aquatic Center in honor of the former Mayor whose aggressiveness toward the pool project was key in bringing the Aquatic Center to Sanford.
The Myrtha competition pool was built by Weller Pools using many of the same design innovations used in the pools built for the 1996 Olympic Games in Atlanta, Georgia. Featuring eight 50 meter lanes, twenty 25 yard lanes, this state-of-the-art pool can accommodate any aquatic competition in the world, including international water polo and synchronized swimming.
Since opening, the pool has hosted numerous competitive tournaments and events, including high school championship swimming and diving, the 2001 Sunshine State Games, and the 2002 Florida High School State Water Polo Championships.
For more Information on Special Event Rentals or any other information please contact: