Star Spangled Sanford
Ft. Mellon Park will be open from 7 AM until Sunset (weather permitting) for everyone to enjoy the enormous park playground, basketball courts, pavilions and the splash pad (admission required for splash pad). Stroll, bike or skate along the lakefront, rent a boat or Jet Ski for fun on the lake, grab a bite to eat or picnic under a shade tree and sit back and enjoy the sights and sounds of beautiful Lake Monroe.
SSSHHHH! It’s a secret that our Star Spangled Sanford vendors start serving at 6 PM for those ‘early-birds’ who come to secure the best vantage points with their blankets and chairs! Grab a spot to check out the strolling entertainers along Seminole Boulevard, throw a Frisbee, enjoy the music, people watch and catch up with friends and family you are bound to see! Come early and avoid the lines for hotdogs, hamburgers, a snow cone or two and maybe even some kettle corn! Get pumped for an amazing fireworks show celebrating America’s 246th year of Independence on our nearly five mile long Riverwalk on the shores of Lake Monroe.
Beginning at 7 PM the Waterfront Celebration begins with great tunes, an expanded Kids Play Zone sponsored by Ladies 327, live entertainers, food, drink, and merchandise vendors along with radio station K92.3 keeping it festive.
At 9:15, get ready to enjoy a spectacular pyrotechnics show choreographed to fun upbeat tunes and patriotic music over Lake Monroe. The sound system reaches from San Juan Avenue to Palmetto Avenue so everyone can enjoy the tunes along the waterfront. Once again, the show produced by Zambelli International is choreographed specifically for our beautiful lakefront site and will include thousands of shells to produce this spectacular show.
Public restrooms (some portable) are available in Ft. Mellon Park, along Seminole Boulevard and at the corner of Sanford Avenue and Commercial Street.
Parking in city-owned lots and on-street is FREE on July 4th, as it is at all times. Road Closures will begin at Midnight on Sunday, July 3rd and reopen by 11 PM on Monday, July 4th at the following locations:
- Seminole Boulevard from Palmetto Avenue to Mellonville Avenue;
- Mellonville Avenue, from Seminole Boulevard to 1st Street;
- Sanford Avenue, from Seminole Boulevard to Commercial Street;
- Commercial Street, from Sanford Avenue to Palmetto Avenue;
- 1st Street, from San Juan Avenue to Cypress Avenue.
The public boat ramp at Monroe Harbor Marina will close on Monday, July 4th at 10 AM. Beginning at 4 PM boats may not enter or exit on the east side of the Marina due to the fireworks safety zone being active. Emergency Management will secure the area surrounding the fireworks zone and monitor the area during the day. At approximately 10:15 PM, once the fireworks are over and the area is cleared for entry, boats may once again enter and exit on the east side of the Marina (time and boundaries may shift slightly as a result of weather patterns). Other ramp options include the Wayside Park Boat Ramp on the northwest shore of Lake Monroe off of 17-92, Lake Monroe Boat Ramp at 966 Lake Shore Drive in Deltona and Highbanks Road Boat Ramp at 499 W. Highbanks Road, Debary Florida.
For Your Safety
- No personal fireworks of any kind are allowed.
- Only small personal coolers (ex: 12″x12″) are allowed in the event area
- All bags and containers are subject to search at all times.
- Alcohol, glass containers, and Styrofoam are prohibited.
- For the safety of your pet and others, pets are not allowed in the event area.
- Golf carts are prohibited in the event footprint.
- The event venue is on Seminole Blvd. from Palmetto Ave. to Mellonville Ave.
Click on images to visit sponsor.