400 E. First Street
Sanford, FL 32771
407.688.5000 ext: 5604
The building currently called Monroe Hall was built in 1943 as a United Service Organizations (USO) due to the presence of U.S. Naval personnel at the Sanford Naval Air Station. It stayed USO until after WWII and in 1946 and became the Chamber of Commerce building. Sometime around 1950 the Naval Air Station was recommissioned for the Korean War. The building was shared by the USO and the Chamber until the Navy left Sanford in 1969. The building was occupied by the Chamber of Commerce until 2019 when the Chamber moved. The building is now used for community events and was renamed Monroe Hall in recognition of Camp Monroe, established in 1836 near this site by the U.S. Army.
The building consists of an office area, a conference room and a large open meeting area for parties, conferences, meetings, etc. These spaces can be rented individually or in the entirety. Please see the attached cost sheet for rental pricing.
For rental information please call or email the Sanford Senior Center at:
We look forward to hosting your event!